Sunday, May 1, 2011

Chicken Salad Sandwich Spread



I found the best chicken salad recipe a couple of days ago.  It's easy, I usually have the ingredients on hand and it's ready to eat immediately.  You can add some of your own ideas to it, if you want to...but it's perfect as is.  You can spread it on some toast or bread or it would be great as a dip with crackers or pita chips.  Here's the recipe:

1 pkg. cream cheese, at room temp.
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tsp. onion powder or onion flakes
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
dash of cayenne pepper or more to taste
2 tsp. worschestire sauce
2 lg. cans chicken breast chunks (drained)

Place all in a large mixing bowl and mix together until spreadable.  Serve on toast, bread or with crackers.
I didn't try it myself, but you might want to add curry powder or black pepper also.  It might also be good with sweet pickle relish too.  Try it, I know you'll love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment